The holiday season has begun! It’s the time of temptation, deadlines and celebration..... So I thought I’d put a little festive twist on my favourite Energy Ball recipe for you to try and keep you going strong through this busy time of year.
This recipe will bring a healthy yet decadent flavour to the Christmas table. With a hit of Cold Brew and Pea Protein they even make for an awesome pre-workout snack.
1.5 Cups of Pitted Dates
1 Cup of Cold Brew Coffee
1 Cup of Almonds
1 Cup of Pea Protein
1 Cup of Rolled Oats
1/3 Cup of Cacao Powder
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons of melted Coconut Oil (extra) 2 Tablespoons of Cacao Powder (extra)
1⁄4 Cup of Almonds (extra)
1⁄4 Cup of Goji Berries
1⁄4 Cup of Shredded Coconut.
1⁄4 Cup of Cacao Nibs
1. Prepare Cold Brew and leave to brew overnight.
2. Soak 1⁄2 cup of dates in 1 cup of Cold Brew and leave to sit for
3. Whilst dates are soaking begin to prepare your toppings. Crushing or chopping goji berries, almonds, cacao nibs and coconut until desired texture is achieved. Set aside for dipping.
4. Once dates are soaked pour them (and the coffee) into your blender or food processor, along with the remaining cup of dates, almonds, pea protein, oats, cacao powder, coconut oil and juice of the orange.
5. Blend on high until well combined. Ingredients should clump together in a big ball like shape with a thick, doughy texture.
6. Set mixture aside in the fridge or freezer to cool and firm up a bit.
7. Whilst mixture is firming begin to prepare your chocolate topping by mixing together the melted coconut oil and cacao powder.
8. Once mixture has cooled (after about 10 mins) spoon mixture out, tablespoon at a time and roll into small balls using clean, damp hands.
9. Once you have achieved the desired shape, dip the top of the ball into your chocolate mix then topping of your choice. Set aside, on a separate plate or container.
10 When balls are all rolled keep in the refrigerator to maintain a firm, fudgy texture.
This recipe was created using the following KitchenAid® Appliances:
KitchenAid® Cold Brew Coffee Maker
KitchenAid® Burr Grinder
KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Blender